- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Better Start for Children with Disability program
- Queensland Department of Education and Training (DET) Queensland only
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provides individualised support for eligible people with permanent and significant disability, their families and carers. This includes children and adults aged up to 65 years.
Vision Australia is a registered provider in the NDIS. Our team of professionals are available to assist you navigate the system and provide advice on the application process.
To find out more including eligibility criteria and locations, visit the NDIS information page.
Better Start for Children with Disability program
Vision Australia is a provider of the Federal Government's Better Start for Children with Disability program.
The program enables children with disabilities that affect their development, to access intensive early intervention therapies and treatments from expert health professionals.
- Children with vision of less than or equal to 6/18 or equivalent field loss, in the better eye with correction, are eligible for the program.
- Up to $12,000 funding is available, with a maximum of $6,000 able to be spent in any financial year.
- Families have until their child's seventh birthday to use the funding (although registration for the funding needs to have occurred prior the child turning six).
- 35% of the funding can be used to purchase equipment and resources for their child.
Queensland Department of Education and Training (DET) Queensland only
The Queensland Department of Education and Training through the Non Schools Organisation (NSO) program provides financial assistance to help improve educational opportunities and enhance the learning outcomes of students with disability. Eligible students are those who require significant levels of educational adjustments to improve their access, participation and learning outcomes in their educational programs. Vision Australia’s NSO-funded services are provided within the school environment to children enrolled in school. Professional staff including occupational therapists, physiotherapists, speech pathologists, orientation and mobility specialists and adaptive technology specialists partner with education support staff and families to achieve positive outcomes for all.
For more information or assistance, call Vision Australia on 1300 84 74 66 or speak to your Primary Service Provider.